HKBU Alumni Gratitude Scholarship (AGS) 2023-24 (Deadline: 28 January 2024)
The Scholarship was set up with donations raised by the Village CARE Campaign. A group of HKBU alumni pledged a sum donation in support of students with special educational needs (SSEN). The Scholarship represents a way to show the alumni’s gratitude to their alma mater, an encouragement for the next generation of students to thrive in their own way.
For the 2023-24 academic year, up to 10 AGS of HK$15,000 each will be available to recognize the SSEN in pursuit of excellence in academic, non-academic merits and improvement in academic performance.
1. Full-time HKBU students studying publicly-funded degree or above level programmes (but exclude exchange students not studying a full degree or above programme in Hong Kong), registered with special educational needs (SEN) as below:
- Attention deficit / hyperactivity disorder
- Autism spectrum disorders
- Hearing impairment
- Mental illness
- Physical disability
- Specific learning difficulties
- Speech impairment
- Chronic illness and visceral disability
- Visual impairment
2. A SSEN may be awarded the AGS more than once throughout his/her studies, and each application shall be considered based on individual merit and against other applications received in that year.
1. Applications will be assessed on the basis of the followings:
- Good academic standing: cGPA must be 2.50 or above after the first semester of 2023-24;
- Outstanding record of local/global extra-curricular activities;
- Active participation in service-learning activities, internship, and enthusiastic in community services.
2. Preference will be given to eligible applicants who have never received AGS or any SEN related funding support before.
Step I - Complete the online application form.
- Each student should submit the application form once only. Once the form is submitted, no modifications can be made.
- The form is a joint application form with the HKSAR Endeavour Merit Award (EMA). Please view the application eligibility of EMA at https://sa.hkbu.edu.hk/sfa/announcement. Eligible applicants will be considered for both EMA and AGS through one application.
- Upon form submission, an auto-email will be sent to the applicants. If no auto-email is received within 10 minutes, the form submission is unsuccessful and applicants should inform SFA immediately.
Step II - Submit the required supporting documents before the deadline 28 January 2024 (Sunday)
After completing the online form, applicants should follow the instructions below (also written in the auto-email) to submit the required supporting documents (including documentary proofs for awards/scholarships obtained, documentary proofs for participation in extra-curricular activities/community services, most recent medical report, etc.):
- Scan your documentary proofs as ONE (1) PDF file, and arrange them in proper order. Make sure they are clear and legible. Any parts that are missing, unclear, and incomprehensible will NOT be considered. Try to keep the PDF file size under 15MB. You may not need to scan the documents in the highest/best quality if standard quality suffices.
- Name your PDF file in the format of "AGS_EMA_student ID" (e.g. AGS_EMA_20221111). We may not be able to identify your submission if you do not name your file as instructed.
- Login to our “Documents Upload Platform” at https://sfa.hkbu.edu.hk/supporting_docs/ with your SSOid. Choose and click “HKBU Alumni Gratitude Scholarship and HKSAR Government Endeavour Merit Award” in the menu to upload the documents. We will NOT be able to receive your documents if you choose another scheme, so please click the scheme name carefully. The “Documents Upload Platform” will close automatically at 11:59pm of 28 January 2024 (Sunday). You will receive an auto-email from the system upon successful upload of your PDF file.
- To avoid last-minute rush/unexpected technical errors/difficulties that may require extra time to solve, you are advised to prepare and upload your PDF file as early as possible before the deadline. Note that the submission time is subject to our system’s clock on the website, which may or may not be the same as your watch, and the Office of Student Affairs has the discretion to make final judgments on whether the application is considered late.
- Online application without the submission of supporting documents will NOT be considered.
- Submission by email/fax/hardcopy or after the application deadline will NOT be accepted.
All applications will be assessed by an internal selection panel. The selection results will be announced in March/April 2024.
- Please click here for general tips on completing scholarship application forms.
- Faculty members are welcome to encourage eligible students to apply.
- Office of Student Affairs reserves the final right on the decisions of subsidy allocation and guidelines amendment at any time without prior notice as appropriate.
- Awardees are required to submit a sharing passage, 3 photos and a completed evaluation survey to email@example.com within a month upon receipt of the Scholarship.
For enquiries, please feel free to contact us at 3411 2307 / 3411 2311 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.