The Cheng YH and Chan LY Millennium Trust 2024 (Deadline: 15 January 2024)
The Cheng YH and Chan LY Millennium Trust was set-up to enable deserving students who may wish to embark on a dedicated academic programme, special interest course or community-based project. In this regard, the academic programme could be a specific course (outside of the student’s main course of study), the special interest could be learning a skill and the community project could be to benefit certain segment of the society or neighbourhood.
You are eligible to apply if you are:
- a Hong Kong SAR permanent resident, or have the right of abode in Hong Kong SAR;
- a Full-time Diploma or Undergraduate student enrolled at one of the following universities as of 31 December 2023:
• City University of Hong Kong
• The University of Hong Kong
• The Chinese University of Hong Kong
• Hong Kong Baptist University;
- receiving financial assistance from Tertiary Student Finance Scheme (TSFS) or Financial Assistance Scheme for Post-secondary Students (FASP);
- looking to enroll in a dedicated academic programme, special interest course or community-based project; and
- passionate or eager to enact a positive change in their community.
Please refer to the Application Guidelines for details.
*Note: The Cheng YH and Chan LY Millennium Grant reserves the right to request for more information and additional supporting documents if necessary.
Amount and Scope of Grant
The Trust will provide a grant amount per selected submission of between HKD20,000 and HKD60,000.
The grant is applicable for the following activities:
i) Dedicated academic programme
ii) Special interest course
iii) Community-based project
The grant will cover the following expenses (where applicable):
• Programme fees
• Project seed money
• One-time return flight on economy class
• Overseas lodging
Please note that the grant will not cover the tuition fees for your main course of study.
Please click here to download the application form.
Submit the signed application form together with all required supporting documents as listed by email to TCYH_CLY_MillenniumTrust_Secretariat@mapletree.com.sg.
Application deadline: 15 January 2024 (Monday)
*Note: The Cheng YH and Chan LY Millennium Trust is offered by an external party. Scholarships and Financial Aid Unit of the University is only responsible for promoting it. For enquiries, please contact the Trust directly via email to TCYH_CLY_MillenniumTrust_Secretariat@mapletree.com.sg.