HKBU Student Engagement Awards "CampUS connect"
Invites Project Proposals from BU Teams to Reimagine Campus Life
Campus life is one of the essential elements of our university experience. During the COVID-19 pandemic, face-to-face classes are switched to online or mixed-mode teaching and many on-campus co-curricular and extra-curricular activities or orientations are cancelled. Are you wondering how we might sustain campus life creatively so that all of us can enjoy friendships and be connected with the campus community? Have you considered re-creating and reliving the “missing” moments on campus? Any campus experience that the coming graduates can cherish before graduation?
Join us to make your ideas come true! The awards will be given to student-initiated projects which will contribute to promoting students’ campus experience, increasing students’ sense of belonging to HKBU and/or interaction among students on campus.
Interested students are encouraged to showcase their creativity and innovation to explore all possible ways to adapt to the new normal. The mode is flexible and different types of projects, in virtual, mixed-mode or face-to-face mode, are welcome which may include but not limited to:
eg., projects to engage students to visit the campus over a staggering period of time
eg., virtual/augmented reality project for students to interact with each other
We stay safely creative! Students should observe the government and the university's guidelines on social distancing and anti-gathering and work out a contingency plan if necessary.
Location (for physical activities)
Hong Kong Baptist University campuses
All students, whether UGC-funded or not, are eligible to apply. Teams from different programmes or of different nationality are encouraged.
Types of Application
Up to five projects will be selected for funding.
|Type||Project Subsidy Amount||Cash Prize||Number of Persons Involved|
|Team||up to $20,000||$1,000/team member (up to $5,000/team)||≥2|
- The maximum amount of the subsidy is $20,000 per project for the organization of the project on a reimbursable basis.
- The applicants are requested to declare if other sources of funding are solicited from the University or external source(s).
- Worthwhile but not shortlisted proposals will be given a small encouragement gift of $100 coupon per team member.
Application and Selection Procedures
- Complete an application form by 7 May 2021 (5 pm) including a budget and a 2-minute video to show the project idea and send the application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the google link to the video or other supplementary information.
- The Team can identify a HKBU staff as a mentor to provide guidance to launch the project. The Organizer can also assign a mentor to the Team who cannot find one.
- Shortlisted entries will be uploaded to the BUHub for public voting. The selected teams will be invited to attend a selection interview via zoom.
Requirements for Selected Teams
Successful Team will receive the payment in two instalments: the first 40% on commencement of the project and the remaining payment after submission of completion report.
The cash prize will be awarded after submission of the completion report.
Focus on the insight and practical impact of the proposal, whether it can effectively arouse the students’ interest and promote campus experience and atmosphere (campus-based)
Mix of Student Groups from different programmes and nationalitiesFocus on the abilities to engage students from different programmes, year of studies and nationalities for better integration
Focus on the presentation skills of the applicant to introduce the proposal in a lively and appealing ways. The comprehensiveness and feasibility of the proposal will also be taken into consideration.
Focus on the public acceptance of the proposal. The public will vote for a proposal that they support.
|7 May 2021 (5pm)||Application Deadline|
|18-26 May 2021||Online voting on BUHub|
|20-26 May 2021||Interview|
|31 May 2021||Announcement of results|
|June - September 2021 (anytime in between)||Project Execution|
|One month after project completion||Prepare a completion report with income and expenditure and statement (supported by original receipts) and attend an evaluation session|
Acknowledgements should be included in the publicity (English or bilingual) of the project*:
“Sponsored by: Student Engagement, Enrichment and Development Fund”.
* including all online or printed materials such as banner, poster, booklet, brochure, leaflets, etc
Miss Amelie Liu
Phone: 3411 2658 / email@example.com