News & Announcement
Career19 - 28 JUN 2020
Warm greetings from The HKFYG Leadership Institute. We are happy to share that Skills for Tomorrow Expo and The HKFYG Leadership Institute Open Day will be held from 27 to 28 June 2020 to enhance students' future skills and their exposure in future technology and career options.
Over 25 events are designed to help students sail through the current and future global challenges, Master Class in particular. Grateful if you can support the event in 2 ways:
- Share the eDM below with all students with session highlights recommended for tertiary students
- Nominate 5 students for each Master Class respectively (i.e. up to 20 students in total) upon the return of the attached excel file by 23 June. Limited physical seats are reserved to ensure that the target group gets to benefit from the events. Please be noted that physical seats are on a first-come-first-serve basis.
*Should more students show interests to the Master Classes, feel free to input their information in the excel file and we are more than happy to share an exclusive online participation link with them as a follow-up.
Career17 - 24 JUN 2020
Career17 - 24 JUN 2020
Hong Kong Life Sciences Society- Life Sciences Early Career: Challenges and Opportunities
Date: 24 June, 2020 (Wednesday)
Speaker: Dr. Cecilia Chui, Research Advisor at Vaccines team at the Wellcome Trust London
Please register at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/webinar-series-on-coronavirus-registration-103202413196 .
(The ZOOM meeting ID will be shared with you 3 days before the date of webinar.)
Career16 JUN - 31 JUL 2020
Banking Talent Programme
The Hong Kong Monetary Authority (HKMA) and the banking industry have jointly launched the Banking Talent Programme to nurture young talents for the industry, and provide participants with an opportunity to better prepare for future careers in the banking sector. The Programme targets fresh graduates from local universities who will be offered six-month work opportunities and industry-specific training.
The Programme is supported by the Hong Kong Association of Banks (HKAB) and all local universities. Further details of the Programme are set out below:
Job opportunities: Around 300 openings will be offered by banks, Stored Value Facilities operators, together with the HKMA. Work opportunities will be provided in areas ranging from front-line operations to back-office functions in retail and commercial banking;
Professional training: A series of induction seminars as well as professional training courses will be organised by the HKMA, in collaboration with the Hong Kong Academy of Finance, the Hong Kong Institute of Bankers (HKIB) and reputable industry practitioners;
Programme period: The Programme will start from early September 2020 and last for a period of six months;
Financial support: The HKMA will reimburse participating firms up to 50% of the monthly salary of Programme participants, which is HK$12,000 per month, and subsidise the course fees for the relevant professional training courses attended by the graduates;
Eligibility: Students graduating with a bachelor’s degree in 2020 from local universities may apply for the Programme, and the disciplines preferred will depend on the work nature of specific jobs and the need of participating firms; and
Application: Application will open on 15 June and the results will be announced by participating firms around end of July after selection interviews.
Job Opportunities & Application Details:
**Application starts from 15 Jun 2020 (please submit your application as soon as possible as it is on rolling basis)
Related press releases:
Career16 JUN - 03 JUL 2020
Prudential Hong Kong Limited: Business Internship Programme & TOP Superstar 2.0 Programme
Prudential Hong Kong Limited
- 4 weeks virtual training will be conducted by corporate level and frontline practice coaching by agency managers
- Nurture and provide fresh graduates with the opportunity to gain wider exposure about financial planning and frontline area
- Intensive and structured training as well as assignment submission
- Certificate will be awarded by Prudential Hong Kong Ltd
- Interns will be invited to attend graduation ceremony
- 4 years fast-track executive development programme in agency i.e. frontline area
- Comprehensive training to cultivate to be agency manager
- Qualified agent can entitle the designation of Executive Development Manager
- Promotion bonus and training allowance
- University students who graduate in 2019 & 2020; and
- Hong Kong permanent resident only
- Bachelor’s degree; and not less than 1 year working experience, OR
- Master‘s degree or above
6 Jul to 5 Aug 2020
Send CV to email@example.com
Send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org