ALL applications for Government financial assistance schemes are vetted by the Student Financial Assistance Agency (SFAA), HKSAR Government, and all the financial assistance provided is from public fund.
2014-15 Grant/Loan Application (coming soon)
- Submission Period: 9 – 11 April 2014 (deadline: 11 Apr 2014)
- Submission Venue: FSC 501 (mirror room), Level 5, Fong Shu Chuen Library, Ho Sin Hang Campus, HKBU
- Online time slot reservation for form submission: Details will be announced later, will start about 1 week before submission period
- Application form, guidance notes and details of 2014/15 application will be uploaded to the website of the Government Student Financial Assistance Agency (SFAA) in the middle or end of March 2014. Please check your student email and our website regularly for updates.
- If you need to apply for TSFS next academic year, you are highly recommended to start preparing the required supporting documents from now on, to avoid any delay or omission to your application due to the peak period of assignments and mid-terms in the end of March to April 2014. Please refer to this checklist of supporting documents for 2013/14 application as a reference: http://www.sfaa.gov.hk/pdf/common/Form/tsfs/RM_Eng.pdf, and make sure that the required supporting documents for 2014/15 application should be the financial year from 1 April 2013 to 31 March 2014.
- If you are not able to submit your application before the deadline due to full-time internship/placement or overseas internship/placement/exchange programme, please submit your TSFS and/or NLSFT 2014/15 late applications right after the internship/exchange programme is completed, as soon as possible, and better be before mid-August 2014. Please submit the late application to us with a written explanation, which can be either English or Chinese, attention to the SFAA, should include your detailed explanation for late application, your full name (same as the name on your HKID Card), HKID No. and signature.
Eligibility for Different Financial Assistance Schemes
Eligibility of individual student for specific financial assistance scheme is subject to SFAA’s consideration. In general, the schemes are applicable to local students (students staying in Hong Kong holding student visas are NOT eligible) in different study modes / funding sources as follows
(Click HERE for details of different schemes)
@ Students registered in the programmes listed in the course coding sheets may apply for FASP / NLSPS.
* Local students who have the right of abode in Hong Kong or have resided or have had your home in Hong Kong continuously for three complete years prior to the commencement of the study programme/course.
** Local students who have the right of abode in Hong Kong (an alphabet “A” should be shown on the front side of your Hong Kong Permanent Identity Card) or have resided or have had your home in Hong Kong continuously for three complete years immediately prior to the commencement of the programme/course.
Other Useful Information
I) General Application Deadlines
- For Current Undergraduate / Sub-Degree Students
- For New Undergraduate / Sub-Degree Students
- For Postgraduate Students (full-time publicly-funded programmes)
- For Students not covered by TSFS / FASP
IMPORTANT NOTES to NEW Students:
When you just enter the University as a new student, all applications for Government financial assistance are submitted in around Aug/Sep. All current students’ applications should be submitted in around Apr/May. E.g. You are a new student in AY2013/14 and you submit an application for AY2013/14 financial assistance in Sept 2013, and you will be submitting your application for AY2014/15 in Apr 2014, when you are still in your first year of study (NOT in Sept 2014).
Please check your student emails, posters on campus and our website regularly for updates and reminder.
II) Maximum Grant and Loan (TSFS) (FASP)
- Tertiary Student Finance Scheme – Publicly-funded Programmes (TSFS)
- Financial Assistance Scheme for Post Secondary Student (FASP)
III) Calculator for Estimating the Amount of Assistance (TSFS) (FASP)
- Tertiary Student Finance Scheme – Publicly-funded Programmes (TSFS) Chinese version / English version
- Financial Assistance Scheme for Post Secondary Student (FASP) Chinese version / English version
IV) Special arrangements for Comprehensive Social Security Assistance (CSSA) recipients
A CSSA recipient will be excluded from the CSSA Scheme if he receives financial assistance from the Student Financial Assistance Agency (SFAA). If an applicant of TSFS / FASP has financial difficulties in the period between cessation of CSSA and receipt of financial assistance from the SFAA, he may approach staff of the concerned Social Security Field Unit under the Social Welfare Department for assistance. Under the special arrangement, CSSA (excluding the tuition fee for post-secondary programme) can continue to be paid to the student in need on a “loan” basis for this maintenance. In other words, the applicant has to refund the CSSA payment for that period once he receives financial assistance from the SFAA. (This information is printed on the Frequently Asked Questions and Answers of the Guidance Notes of TSFS and FASP.)
Government Grant and Loan
Q: Am I eligible to apply for the government grant / loan?
Q: When shall I apply for government grant / loan?
Q: I am not satisfied with the government grant / loan result. Can I make an appeal?
Q: I have changed my residential address. Should I inform the Student Financial Assistance Agency?
Student Travel Subsidy
Q: Am I eligible to apply for the Student Travel Subsidy?
Q: How can I apply for the Student Travel Subsidy?
Tuition Fee Deferral
Q: Am I eligible to apply for Tuition Fee Deferral?
Q: How can I apply for Tuition Fee Deferral?
Government – Student Financial Assistance Agency (SFAA)
Scholarships and Financial Aid (SFA) Team
Phone: 34112307 / 34112302
Address: Level 8, Yeung Shui Sang Building Ho Sin Hang Campus Hong Kong Baptist University Kowloon Tong, Hong Kong
Monday to Friday – 9:00am to 1:00pm and 2:00pm to 5:30pm
Saturday – 9:00am to 12:00noon*
Sunday and Public Holidays – Closed
(* For enquiries and form submission on Saturday, please contact our team in advance during Monday to Friday to make sure there is SFA staff on duty on Saturday. Otherwise, your requests may not be satisfied.)